The perfect classic cocktail, an Amaretto Sour. It is super easy to keep the ingredients on hand and make any time you’re in the mood!
I will always order an Amaretto Sour! So it was time that I perfected the recipe. Three ingredients shaken then topped off with Sprite makes the perfect classic cocktail!
The fact that I can get fresh lemons and oranges for this cocktail in the middle of the winter makes my heart sing! So don’t cheat yourself by not using freshly squeezed lemons or a slice of orange to garnish!
YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Questions and Comments:
- Do I need to use freshly squeezed lemon juice?
YES, it’s worth it. YES, you are worth it! We are so lucky to have fresh fruit year-round.
- Do I need a cocktail shaker?
What is Cocktail Simple Syrup?
- Simple syrup is normally a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water, I like to make Cocktail Simple Syrup which is a little sweeter.
No, you can mix it in your glass. But do I feel fancy and make a double, yes, yes I do! Not to mention most cocktail shakers come with a jigger for easy measuring!
Amaretto Sour Classic Cocktail
- 1 jigger amaretto
- 1/2 jigger freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 jigger cocktail simple syrup
- maraschino cherries and orange wedges for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker half full of ice add the amaretto, cocktail simple syrup, and lemon juice - SHAKE
- Strain into an 8-ounce glass with a few fresh ice cubes in itTop the glass off with Sprite until full
- Garnish with a few maraschino cherries and an orange wedge