As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
The perfect classic cocktail, an Amaretto Sour. It is super easy to keep the ingredients on hand and make any time you’re in the mood!
I will always order an Amaretto Sour! So it was time that I perfected the recipe. Three ingredients shaken then topped off with Sprite makes the perfect classic cocktail!
The fact that I can get fresh lemons and oranges for this cocktail in the middle of the winter makes my heart sing! So don’t cheat yourself by not using freshly squeezed lemons or a slice of orange to garnish!
YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Questions and Comments:
- Do I need to use freshly squeezed lemon juice?
YES, it’s worth it. YES, you are worth it! We are so lucky to have fresh fruit year-round.
- Do I need a cocktail shaker?
What is Cocktail Simple Syrup?
- Simple syrup is normally a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water, I like to make Cocktail Simple Syrup which is a little sweeter.
No, you can mix it in your glass. But do I feel fancy and make a double, yes, yes I do! Not to mention most cocktail shakers come with a jigger for easy measuring!
Amaretto Sour Classic Cocktail
- 1 jigger amaretto
- 1/2 jigger freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 jigger cocktail simple syrup
- maraschino cherries and orange wedges for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker half full of ice add the amaretto, cocktail simple syrup, and lemon juice - SHAKE
- Strain into an 8-ounce glass with a few fresh ice cubes in itTop the glass off with Sprite until full
- Garnish with a few maraschino cherries and an orange wedge
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…