You guys these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are like an easy to hold powdered sugar covered brownie! If this cookie is on the cookie plate I’m grabbing two to eat and two to hoard in my pocket!
These cookies are really easy to mix up, the hardest part is waiting for the cookie dough to just sit there in the fridge firming up so you can roll the cookie balls. Don’t forget to spray your hands with a little oil so that all the cookie dough doesn’t just stick to your hands.
Unless of course that’s what you want it to do so that you can lick the cookie dough off your hands once all the balls are rolled – that’s totally your call!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, to me, are a brownie in a cookie form! They mix up much like a brownie batter, only thicker so that they can maintain their shape when cooked!
They hold up well for lunches or as to-go snacks for the tractor, team or in your purse while waiting in the car pool line…….just saying!
And guys if you’re feeling super indulgent add mini chocolate chips to these and keep them all for yourself!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ -3/4 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- In mixing bowl combine cocoa and white sugar
- Mix in vegetable oil
- Add eggs one at a time and mix completely
- Add vanilla
- Now add the flour, baking powder and salt, incorporate
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours or as long as you can wait
- Roll dough by approximately Tablespoon size balls, coat each ball in powered sugar
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes