Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Bites are a super easy recipe for appetizers, a snack, breakfast and anything in-between when you need a simple go-to! This is a family favorite from my childhood – 3 basic ingredients and a crock pot and you are good to go! These are tangy and sweet all at the same time, you’ll love them!
These have been a favorite for me since my childhood, I loved it when my Mom made these as a breakfast treat with scrambled eggs! They are sweet with just a hint, a tiny hint of tang! They make a great appetizer and kids love to eat them with toothpicks!
Smoked Sausage is a staple like milk in this house! Last minute meat to go with any meal any time of the day, packed with protein and super easy to fix!
Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Bites
This is a perfect recipe if you are like me and remember at the last minute you need to take something to a get-together!
It’s also a perfect recipe if you are not like me and plan way in advance what you are taking to a get-together!
- 1 family size package of skinless smoked sausage
- 2 - 18 ounce jars of apple jelly
- squirt of yellow mustard - like half of teaspoon to a teaspoon
- Slice smoked sausage into bite size rounds and place in crock pot
- Add both jars of apple jelly and mustard
- Turn crock pot to low and once crock pot starts to warm and jelly begins to melt stir to combine
- Keep crock pot on low, but watch carefully once sausage is warm as it is possible to burn if kept on for hours