I love one-pot meals that are basically heat and eat but homemade. This Quick Ham and Green Bean Lunch is on rotation in this house.
This “recipe” couldn’t be easier, literally just throw the ingredients in the pan and warm through. This also tastes great if you put it in a crockpot and let the ingredients mingle all day.
Quick Ham and Green Bean Lunch
I love keeping cans of green beans on hand and portioned out leftover ham in the freezer to make this meal when I’m in a pinch or just tapped out of ideas. While this is warming through you can make some biscuits to eat with it or you can simply sit in a chair sipping a much deserved cocktail, your call!
I think the secret ingredient in this is the beef bullion, it really gives this a rich flavor. It’s not overwhelmingly beef, it just adds some depth. Also the longer this “cooks” the more the beef flavor and onion flavor meld.
Another great use of leftover ham is my Crock Pot Creamy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham!
Other Easy Meals:
Quick Green Beans and Ham Lunch
- 4 15 ounce cans cut green beans with liquid
- 2 teaspoons beef bullion - dealers choice
- 1-2 medium onions, diced as small or as large as you like
- 1-2 cups cubed ham
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Put all the ingredients in a large saucepan on medium heat and warm through
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on Low - you are warming all the ingredients, they are already cooked.The longer it cooks the more tender the onions.