I make these Simple Breakfast Tacos, which are probably just a breakfast burrito unwrapped, any time of the day! Load them up or eat them with just the basics, they are a go-to meal!
These are so easy! All you really have to have is sausage, eggs, and flour tortillas for a nutritious easy meal. What you top them with is all up to your family’s likes!
Simple Breakfast Tacos
With a few simple steps the basics for these are easy:
- Brown your sausage until done, crumbly and no longer pink
- Make a batch of scrambled eggs
- Prepare your favorite toppings
I can feed 4 people on a pound of sausage and 10 eggs scrambled. Just keep in mind how many people you are feeding and how much they typically eat. That is what I fix for the supper version, if I were fixing this for breakfast I might be able to feed more people with that amount because we typically eat less in the morning.
How to make Simple Breakfast Tacos
- I start by getting my sausage in a skillet to brown and cook till it is crumbly and no longer pink
- I whisk my eggs with a splash of milk using my Immersion Hand Blender until they are a consistent color and well incorporated. Then in a non-stick skillet, I melt a small amount of butter and pour the eggs in. I stir slowly with a rubber spatula until they come together and are no longer runny.
- Get all the toppings you’ve chosen together: shredded cheese, avocado slices, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, onions – the sky and your tastes are the limit!
As long as everyone gets sausage and eggs on theirs I consider it a win in the protein department.
Simple Breakfast Tacos
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced onions
- green onions
- Brown the sausage until crumbly and no longer pink-drain excess grease
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and milk together until a consistent color and well incorporated. Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and carefully pour the whisked eggs into the skillet on med-low heat - using a rubber spatula slowly stir scraping the sides and bottom of the pan folding the cooked eggs over until they come together and are no longer runny
- Warm the flour tortillas in the oven - if you want - I skip this step more often than not!
- Assemble your favorite toppings and serve!