These are the best Snickerdoodles – Soft and Chewy, in the world, hands down! Can I say that? My blog so I guess I can! These are soft and chewy cookies that everyone will love!
This is a great Snickerdoodle recipe that I got years ago from family friends! Joyce always made the best Snickerdoodles and I was super excited when she shared the recipe with me and I could actually pull off this soft and chewy cookie!
There are 2 camps when it comes to this cooke – the soft and chewy camp and the crunchy cookie camp. I’m all in for the soft and chewy, these cookies are the bomb!
Snickerdoodles – Soft and Chewy
I won’t lie, I love a good boughten cookie! The are really yummy and, of course, provide me the instant gratification that I am accustomed to! BUT…….this recipe is worth the wait and the dough is yummy to eat as well – so you know, instant gratification!
Yes, this recipe calls for margarine not butter, but it is the key to the soft and chewy part! Feel free to use butter if you want that crispier Snickerdoodle that some of you love!
Snickerdoodles - Soft and Chewy
- 1/2 cup/ 1 stick magarine not butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream margarin, shortening and sugar
- Add both eggs and combine
- Add in flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt
- In a shallow bowl combine 3 Tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls (about a Tablespoon of dough)
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture and place of a cookie sheet
- Bake in a 375 degree oven 7-8 minutes, depending on your oven
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack if not devoured straight out of the oven
- This recipe make a solid 4 dozen cookies