A Turkey Chef Salad is such a great way to use up leftover turkey while having a great fresh meal. Add all the veggies and your favorite dressing for a quick healthy dinner!
We are big fans of BIG salads around here! Winter, Spring Summer or Fall. We are so blessed with a great constant supply of fresh fruits and vegetables year round that making a salad is easy.
Now don’t get me wrong a salad in the summer as the tomato and zucchini and cucumbers are garden fresh is ultimately hands down a favorite. But the fact that we can get fresh veggies the entire year would probably throw my great grandparents for a loop.
I think that is one reason that salads make such a great use of holiday leftovers like ham and turkey. A great protein source in salads and while most people only cook turkey at Thanksgiving you still have access to those vegetables that make a salad great!
Turkey Chef Salad
Of course for me I’m all about the bacon, cheese and hard boiled eggs on a loaded salad! And if you prefer homemade croutons my Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad has a great recipe for those included in the post!
Other Salads That We Love:
Turkey Chef Salad
- 1 24 ounce bag classic garden blend salad or your choice of lettuce
- 2-3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 tomatos
- 1 small cucumber, sliced or diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced or diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese - dealers choice
- 3/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 2-3 handfuls croutons
- Any other item you love on your salad
- Favorite Dressings
- You can mix all ingredients in a big serving bowl or make individual salads already plated
- This isn't so much a recipe as an idea, make the salad the way you and your family will eat it!
This post is sponsored by the Glass Barn, Indiana Soybean and Corn Farmers but all thoughts and opinions are my own.