Oh My, this Southwest Fajita Steak Salad so good and easy! Throw the salad together while the steak is on the grill and you’re good to go!
Anything Southwest or Mexican is a huge hit at this house so when I pulled a couple of flank steaks out of the freezer the other day I knew I wanted to make fajita’s with one but I wanted to try something new with the other…….and this is what I came up with!
I love flank steak although you don’t see it labeled that too often in the grocery store. It is more commonly called a London Broil at the store. It is lean and a great steak to marinate. If you check out Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner, they have great explanation of all the cuts of beef including the variety of names cuts can be called.
The key to my fajita’s and now this Southwest Fajita Steak Salad is the marinade. I got this recipe from my sister a few years ago and it’s my go to for fajitas. I marinate both steak and chicken in this recipe, it really gives the meat a great flavor without overpowering!
While the steak is on the grill I cut up the lettuce and veggies, put them on a platter and as soon as the steak is done we are ready to eat! Although this particular night I couldn’t locate the head of lettuce I knew I bought, luckily I had bought 2 but it drives me nuts when I know I bought something and can’t find it. Who would of guessed 3 days later I would find it in the back seat of my pick-up truck……………but my truck is another story!
Southwest Fajita Steak Salad
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 marinated and grilled flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- Shredded cheese
- Your choice of dressing, I used Hidden Valley Southwest Chipotle
- Arrange all the yumminess above on a platter and serve with your choice of dressing!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a ziplock bag and mix well.
- Put Flank Steak in to marinate. Allow for at least an hour but can leave overnight.