I’m a huge caramel apple fan but give me Caramel Apple Dip any day! The ratio of caramel to apple is much higher with dip and a lot less messy to eat! And bonus there is so many things you can dip them in each bite can be different!
I love caramel and during the fall apples are my choice as a carrier, I love a good caramel apple but they can be messy and there isn’t always a fresh one just laying around my kitchen when the mood stricts! I also love the idea of serving them at parties or as an after school snack-this makes it so much easier than a whole caramel apple per person!
Can I just say that I’m no nutritionist or doctor but I’m pretty sure between the apple and the nuts being good for you they automatically cancel out the sugar in the caramel – please just go with me on this!
Caramel Apple Dip
I love to slice my apples and place on wooden skewers for easy serving and dipping. While the apple and caramel dip are a perfect combination I think its fun to add some extras – like chopped pecans, chopped peanuts, chopped walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, fall sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, granola – really anything you think sounds good!
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on low heat
- Add your brown sugar and corn syrup, combine and stir allowing sugar to dissolve and caramelize with the butter- watch carefully as can burn fast
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and heat till just slightly bubbling
- Remove from heat add vanilla and stir
- You can serve immediately (VERY HOT) or place in a small crock pot set on low or warm
- Serve with apple slices