Can you ever have enough apple recipes? Add Crock Pot Apple Cobbler to that extensive list, it’s well worth it! Easy and makes the house smell good!
I’m not gonna lie, I am always shocked when cakes turn out good in a crock pot! Why you might ask and my answer is I really don’t know! Desserts are very popular in slow cookers but I guess I’m just accustomed to savory dishes in slow cookers.
More honesty for you – I cook this in my casserole crock pot because it’s my least used! I love that this crock pot gives a thinner layer of apples…..weird but true!
My name is Jent and I’m not a big fan of cooked apples.
I love the flavor of cooked apples but not the texture. So anyway I can get that flavor with few actual cooked apples to eat I’m all in! There I feel better just confessing that to you all!
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler
Now I will say that the caramel bits are optional, but then is caramel really optional? I love to use the Kraft Caramel Bits for baking because they are easy! But they are sometimes hard to find, so you can also use caramel candies just cut up into small pieces.
OMG or if you can’t find either of those you could totally just drizzle caramel ice cream topping over it when you serve it!
OR even more OMG you could put the caramel bits into the dessert to bake AND drizzle the caramel ice cream topping over it as well!
Team Apple Recipes you might also like:
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler
- 8 apples - your favorite variety - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla - divided use
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter-softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups biscuit baking mix - divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tablespoons butter - chilled, cut into small cubes
- In a large bowl, toss the apple sliceds with cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the apple mixture in a lightly greased slow cooker, I used my casserole crock pot
- Sprinkle caramel bits over apple mixture
- In a seperate bowl, combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup baking mix - stir until well combined
- Spoon batter over apple mixture in crock pot
- Place remaining baking mix and brown sugar in a small bowl - cut in chilled butter cubes with a fork or pastry blender until course crumbles
- Sprinkle over apples and batter in your slow cooker
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
This post is sponsored by the Glass Barn, Indiana Soybean and Corn Farmers but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…