I could eat beef stew every meal, so when I finally conquered Instant Pot Beef Stew I was really happy! There is something about a bowl of meat, potatoes, carrots and onions that have cooked together that make me happy from the inside out!
I love a good beef stew that has simmered all day, makes the house smell good and tastes amazing! I was pleasantly surprised how the instant pot really cooked and made the beef chunks melt in my mouth and blended the flavors nicely.
Adding some grated parmesan cheese on dishes like this bumps up and compliments the flavors nicely – it adds a creamy salty flavor that just tops off dishes like this!
Instant Pot Beef Stew
I’m a meat and potatoes kinda gal and this ticks all the boxes for me! Not to mention its all made in one pot – so less mess and dishes.
- 2 pound of stew meat
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into bitesize cubes
- 1 onion, cut into size you desire
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons Herb de Provence
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Parmesan Cheese - optional
- Combine flour, salt and pepper, dredge stew meat to coat
- Add oil to Instant Pot and turn on sauté
- Once stew meat is browned add some of the beef broth to deglaze the instant pot, scraping the bottom so you don't get the dreaded BURN signal
- Add remaining ingredients
- Put lid on and seal, make sure valve is set to seal
- Press the Stew/Meat button and cook for 20 minutes
- Can quick release or do slow release