My Mom used to make this Banana Split Dessert all the time when I was a kid, it was a staple at all pitch-in’s and church suppers. It’s got the traditional flavors of a banana split in way that feeds a crowd!
This is one of those 70’s desserts that was at every single pitch-in and church supper I ever attended! I loved it then and I love it now!
Layers of sweet goodness with fruit – because fruit is healthy so it was ok to eat as much as socially acceptable and make multiple trips back to the serving table!
Banana Split Dessert
This is a crowd pleaser and so easy to put together!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- 2 pasteurized eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 can crushed pineapple drained
- Medium carton of Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped peanuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with 1 stick of melted butter - press into a 9x13 pan
- Beat with mixer - 2 sticks of softened butter, powdered sugar and pasteurized eggs, once combined spread over crust in pan
- Slice bananas and place in a single layer over cream layer
- Spread drained crushed pineapple over sliced banana layer
- Spread Cool Whip over pineapple layer
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over dessert
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts
- Place maraschino cherries on dessert