I love special treats for special days and Easter Bunny Chow is my Easter version of Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies. Recipes like this are a favorite because they are super flexible and really easy!
I took some of my favorite spring flavors and threw them together with Rice Chex and this was the result!
Angel food cake mix, powdered sugar, white chocolate, coconut, and Cadbury Chocolate Eggs
The marshmallow bunnies are totally optional, but as I was photographing this I thought
“man marshmallows would be perfect in this too“!
So if you have the stomach to cut up those little bunnies – toss those in!
Easter Bunny Chow
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It always reminds me of my Dad. He was the very best Easter egg hider, he would also hide our baskets. We weren’t allowed to pick up any eggs we saw until we had found our baskets. And truth be told we never found all the eggs he had hidden and my Mom would find them months later, for the record they were plastic candy-filled, not the real ones!
I also have a totally addicting recipe for Cherry Chip Puppy Chow!
Other Easter Sweet Ideas:
Easter Bunny Chow
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pink candy disc melts can substitute white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Angel Food cake mix can substitute white cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 happy cup coconut I dyed mine green by putting coconut in a ziplock bag with2-3 drops of green food coloring and tossing to coat
- 1/2-1 cup Cadbury milk chocolate mini eggs Add as many or as little as you like
- Measure Rice Chex into a large bowl.
- Measure pink candy disc melts or white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave carefully until melted. I put mine in for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Pour melted candy over cereal and stir to coat good.
- Mix angel food cake mix and powdered sugar together, add to coated cereal.I have a large covered plastic container I use and simply mix the cereal and candy coating in it, put in the cake mix and powered sugar - put lid on and gently shake to coat.You can also use a very large ziplock bag.
- Now add coconut and mini eggs and stir carefully, store in an airtight container.
- SERVE or eat secretly by yourself while crouched behind the kitchen cabinets!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…