I love special treats for special days and Easter Bunny Chow is my Easter version of Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies. I love recipes like this because they are super flexible and really easy!
I took some of my favorite spring flavors and threw them together with Rice Chex and this was the result!
Angel food cake mix, powdered sugar, white chocolate, coconut and Cadberry Chocolate Eggs
The marshmallow bunny’s are totally optional, but as I was photographing this I thought “man marshmallows would be perfect in this too“!
So if you have the stomach to cut up those little bunnies – toss those in!
Easter Bunny Chow
I also have a totally addicting recipe for Cherry Chip Puppy Chow!
Easter Bunny Chow
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pink candy disc melts can substitute white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Angel Food cake mix can substitute white cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 happy cup coconut I dyed mine green by putting coconut in a ziplock bag with2-3 drops of green food coloring and tossing to coat
- 1/2-1 cup Cadbury milk chocolate mini eggs Add as many or as little as you like
- Measure Rice Chex into a large bowl.
- Measure pink candy disc melts or white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave carefully until melted. I put mine in for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Pour melted candy over cereal and stir to coat good.
- Mix angel food cake mix and powdered sugar together, add to coated cereal.I have a large covered plastic container I use and simply mix the cereal and candy coating in it, put in the cake mix and powered sugar - put lid on and gently shake to coat.You can also use a very large ziplock bag.
- Now add coconut and mini eggs and stir carefully, store in an airtight container.
- SERVE or eat secretly by yourself while crouched behind the kitchen cabinets!